Man kills baby, himself on Facebook Live: Thai police (Warning – Graphic)

By Bangkok Post | 2322 25 April 2017 

PHUKET – A young man reportedly hanged his 11-month-old daughter live on Facebook and then hanged himself at an abandoned hotel in Thalang district on Monday night.

The two bodies were found inside what was once The Peninsula hotel, at Moo 3 in tambon Sakhu, after police had searched several other deserted hotels.

The hotel is promoted on some tourist websites as a haunted building.

An innocent baby girl of 11 months was hanged to death by her father named “Wuttisan”, who then hung himself straight after.

“He felt neglected by his wife because they had been fighting so he took his 11-month-old daughter to the site of the crime which is the abandoned hotel,” Jirasak said. “Then we found the bodies hanging off the hotel.”

The search was launched after a woman, Jiranuch (surname withheld), 21, asked police to find her husband, Wuthisan, 21, who had left with their 11-month-old daughter after a quarrel earlier on Monday.

Ms Jiranuch called police after learning that Wuthisan had posted on a Facebook page a video clip of him hanging their daughter with a rope from the ceiling of an abandoned hotel.

Jiranuch Trirat, mother of 11-month-old daughter who was killed by her father, stands next to a picture of her daughter at a temple in Phuket

After examining the video, police searched several abandoned buildings before ending up at the Peninsula, where Wuthisan and the girl were found hanged from the ceiling of a room on the third floor.

An elder brother of Ms Jiranuch, who identified himself only as Suksan, told the police Wuthisan had worked for a firm in Thalang district. Wuthisan and Ms Jiranuch had a quarrelled and she had left the house.

Police at the scene where an 11-month-old girl and her father were found dead. Photo: Volunteer Rescue Thailand Photo Credit – Sydney Morning Herald

On Monday he and Ms Jiranuch went to the house together because his sister planned to tell Wuthisan she wanted them to separate for a while. While at the house, Wuthisan came out with his daughter and told them he was going to work. Wuthisan later phoned and said he would be back home with the girl by 7pm.

Mr Suksan said that while waiting he saw on Facebook the video clip of Wuthisan hanging his daughter.  He told his sister, who immediately informed the police and asked them for help.

Police were investigating. It was initially believed Wuthisan hanged his daughter, and then himself.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s